Persevering with its partnership with Docker, HPE shall be delivering servers from its ProLiant line with Docker CS Engines pre-configured by default, the corporate introduced on Monday. In a blog post, HPE stated its HPE Docker Prepared Server would be the business’s first, and can assist simplify Docker deployments.
Particularly, the HPE ProLiant DL360, DL380, and BL460 may have entry to Docker CS Engines out there as a part of the usual configuration instruments, the submit stated. The objective is to create a “one-cease-store” the place hardware, software program, and help that each one work with Docker might be bought collectively.
Within the publish, HPE claims that none of its rivals have a container-prepared server answer out there at present. HPE additionally stated within the submit that individuals are drawn to the Docker prepared server “as a result of it supplies a transportable, versatile and safe platform of purposes on prime of the working system, which might be moved from location to location, permitting fuller and extra environment friendly utilization of the hardware.”
The Docker Prepared Server and its complementary infrastructure portfolio have been initially announced back in June, when HPE and Docker started their strategic partnership. The preliminary idea, as said within the press launch, was to push distributed apps and modernize the info middle.
On the time the partnership was introduced, the server was one of some joint efforts listed, together with:
- Docker prepared HPE Servers
- Docker prepared Converged and Composable HPE Methods
- Joint go-to-marketplace for Docker Datacenter
- Enterprise-grade Docker help and consulting providers
Along with the ProLiant line, HPE and Docker plan to convey further joint efforts within the HPE Apollo and HPE Cloudline server strains.
The query is whether or not or not this can be a good transfer on HPE’s half. Generally, containers are exploding—81% of organizations are planning on growing their funding in container know-how. And, a lot of that’s pushed by the recognition of Docker.
In June, across the similar time that the partnership between HPE and Docker was introduced, a ClusterHQ survey discovered that container utilization had doubled within the enterprise, and 94% of respondents listed Docker as their main container engine. And, although some have “whined” about Docker’s trajectory, that hasn’t appeared to sluggish the corporate down in any respect.
All in all, Docker is the container engine to beat, and HPE linking arms with Docker is a transparent transfer towards the corporate setting itself up for future success within the knowledge middle market.
The three huge takeaways for TechRepublic readers
- The HPE Docker Prepared Server, initially introduced in June, will quickly start delivery on the ProLiant collection of HPE servers.
- The server is the primary of many joint merchandise that the pair of corporations will probably be releasing, together with the HPE Apollo and HPE Cloudline server, and others.
- HPE’s alliance with Docker strategically positions the legacy vendor to climate the modifications which are being delivered to the info middle market by way of DevOps and different developments.