One purpose why most small companies ought to think about using the Nextcloud cloud server is which you can simply increase its capabilities from an ordinary cloud storage/sync to a full-featured groupware answer.
As an example, with the Paperwork app, you allow a constructed-in doc editor in your Nextcloud server. Though the editor is not fairly as function wealthy as an ordinary doc editor similar to LibreOffice or Microsoft Word, it does a terrific job creating paperwork and modifying paperwork. At present, the app solely helps .odt information, however it does embrace help for LibreOffice feedback (however not monitor modifications). You’ll be able to format paperwork and even share them. Let’s set up this app and get it working with Nextcloud.
Putting in the Paperwork app
I am going to add the Paperwork app on an up to date Nextcloud 10.zero.1 occasion, operating on Ubuntu sixteen.04.2 server. Notice: Model eleven of Nextcloud can be arriving quickly; this course of will stay normal throughout variations.
Listed here are the steps for including the Paperwork app.
- Log into Nextcloud as an admin consumer.
- Click on the higher left drop-down.
- Click on the + button.
- Click on the gear icon within the backside left nook.
- Click on to allow experimental apps (Determine A).
- As soon as enabled, click on the Productiveness entry within the left pane.
- Find Paperwork and click on Allow.
- Look forward to the app to be downloaded and put in from the app retailer.
Utilizing the Paperwork app
Click on the drop-down within the higher left nook of the window and choose Paperwork (Determine B). This can open the Paperwork app in Nextcloud the place you possibly can add paperwork or create new paperwork.
As you are engaged on a doc inside the Nextcloud Paperwork app, you will discover the Share button is on the market; sadly, the share performance doesn’t presently perform inside the Paperwork app. You possibly can, nevertheless, share paperwork you’ve got created inside the Information app. To do that, comply with these steps.
- Shut the doc you’re engaged on.
- Click on the higher-left drop-down.
- Click on Information.
- Click on the doc icon related to the file you need to share.
- In the fitting pane (Determine C), sort the identify of the consumer, group, or customers on different Nextcloud (or ownCloud) servers utilizing the format USERNAME@nextcloudserver.com/nextcloud.
- Choose the editorial degree choices for that consumer (can share, can edit).
- Shut the Share window by clicking the X within the higher proper nook.
Hopefully, within the close to future, the Paperwork app will achieve a working share performance.
A worthy addition
In case you’re working with Nextcloud and need to add the power to edit paperwork housed on that cloud, and even create new ones, it is best to critically contemplating including the Doc app—it is free, and it features principally as anticipated. When you’re okay working with the .odt file format, you will discover this app a worthy addition to Nextcloud.